1 Philippians 1:6 - He who has begun a good work in you will complete it until the day of Christ Jesus

Sunday, February 13, 2011

Pulled from the Ashes

First - I'd like to explain that this poem was inspired by the poem written by Russell Kelfer in the book "The Purpose Driven Life" - particularly the stanza reading "No, that trauma you faced was not easy, And God wept that it hurt you so, But it was allowed to shape your heart, So that into his likeness you'd grow." I would highly recommend this book and especially this poem....in many ways, it changed my life...

 You pulled me from the ashes, Lord
You took away my sin
You watch over me day and night
Though I don't deserve to be your kin

I am but a child, Lord
But I'm learning by the day
I was crushed and thought you hurt me, Lord
But really - you take my pain away

I cried out to you to save me, Lord
But you cried with me and were also hurt
I thought I hated you my dear Lord
I thought you didn't care
But then I realized something, Lord
It was for this, the cross Jesus did bear

And I prayed that you'd forgive me, Lord
But I know now in my heart
That by the blood of Christ you have saved me, Lord
I am able to have a fresh start

The enemy brought me down, oh Lord
And took away so much
But I know that you will bless me, Lord
Every day I feel your loving touch


Forgive me, my dear Lord
For the sins I have committed
For in my deepest heart of hearts
Again, I have submitted


Your love for me flows endless, Lord
And now I finally get it
Hold me close, my dear Lord
And never let me go
For one day I want to live with you, Lord
Your seeds I want to sow

No comments:

Post a Comment