1 Philippians 1:6 - He who has begun a good work in you will complete it until the day of Christ Jesus

Sunday, May 1, 2011

Lost

Unforgettable. Irreplaceable. Patti Kaufmann.



My heart aches
I try to mourn but I can barely breathe
I look at you, lying there
I wait for you to wake up…
But you don’t

The brokenness I feel inside knowing you’re gone
Is indescribable
I feel like a piece of me was torn
Violently torn off
No warning, no sign, no time to prepare

Such a beautiful soul to be taken from us
A confidante, a wife, a sister, a daughter, a friend
My friend
My best friend.

Without you, my life would have ended long ago
Now I wonder if it will go on…how will it go on?
There will be no one that will be able to fill your shoes

If I were hurting like this…I would call you
But you are the one that has left me
I remember how afraid you were of people you love leaving you
And now you’ve left me
I know now what you were afraid of
The hurt, the pain, the fear….I know what you were dreading
I’m feeling it and I don’t know what to do

I don’t know who to call cuz you won’t pick up…
You’re gone,
somewhere else….far away.
Not here
Not close
Not with me
You’re gone
I'm left here
Alone
And I don't know what to do
Or who to call....

No comments:

Post a Comment